Wednesday, October 11, 2006

let it be, let it be

This song has been in my head all day:
And when the night is cloudy,
There is still a light that shines on me,
Shine on until tomorrow, let it be.
I wake up to the sound of music
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
Let it be, let it be.
There will be an answer, let it be.
Let it be, let it be,
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be


It finally sunk in, yesterday, that my apartment is a wreck. And not my usual 'oh my gracious, it's so messy' when I've just got stacks of books and papers on all the available chairs, either. 'Wreck' as in 'still haven't really unpacked from being in NY, and haven't cleaned since.'

I did do laundry, though. Maybe that will inspire me to hang my clothes in the closet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to pick nits, but "let it be" doesn't really seem to jibe with, "now I'll clean my apartment." How about "Helter Skelter"?

Julie said...

Well, I did laundry on Monday, and still haven't cleaned anything. You're right, though; singing "Let It Be" to the mess isn't much of a motivator.

I did make some yummy cookies, though.