Sunday, October 15, 2006

belated friday fies

1) Trucks that won't start.
2) Walking to work in the cold.

That pretty much covers Friday.

Today's my mom's birthday, so I had a good chat with my dad on the phone. And when I say 'good,' what I mean is 'depressing.' We spent the whole time talking about the various truck parts that may or may not be broken, and whether or not they'd be worth fixing.

It's a bit like hospice- at what point do you stop providing care and simply let the truck die in peace?

So, a malfunctioning celluloid on the clutch wouldn't be so bad to fix. If the relay between the battery and the starter is broken, that would also be worth fixing. If, however, it's the expensive little computer on top of the... (I blanked out, here. I really hope it's not the expensive little computer, wherever it might be located.)

Most depressingly, it's not the belt that I knew was going bad. I didn't really think it was- the alternator wouldn't be running if the belt was bad- but I kept hoping anyway. This means that I have to fix both the newest mystery problem and the belt.

Fie.

2 comments:

BrianY said...

Do you mean malfunctioning solenoid on the clutch?

Julie said...

Probably- it's not likely to be subcutaneous fat, is it? I was trying to transcribe what my dad was saying, instead of refering to it as the 'thing on my clutch that tells the truck if it's in gear or not,' and I guess I just picked the nearest word that I could spell.

That's what I get for trying to look all smart and informed. :o)