Thursday, June 15, 2006

conversation with God

After Mr Miro's experience with involving iGod in the job hunt, I don't know why I thought mine would go better. At this point, though, anything's worth a shot:

Me: How about a job for me, too?
God: How about it.
Me: Well, I've been turning in applications...
God: How about that. Where were you turning in applications?
Me: Food service places, mostly. I'm taking my resume to Manpower tomorrow, though, even though the name irritates me.
God: You can't live without food. Where are you taking it.
Me: Amen to the food bit. Mostly I've been taking food from my apartment to houses where I'm dogsitting, although tomorrow I'll be taking food to a movie night.
God: What's your favorite prayer? Where were you taking food from your apartment to houses where you are dogsitting although tomorrow you will be taking food to a movie night?
Me: I don't know if I have a favorite prayer, although I like John Baillie's prayers.
God: Would you like to know? How much does it cost?
Me: How much does it cost to pray? What are you, some pre-Reformation God?
God: You can download me for free! I don't know what I am some pre Reformation God.
Me: Ah, but free grace doesn't seem to be getting me a job.
God: So you understand. Good. Define free.

It seems, then, that getting a job will require me to define freedom. Feel free to leave suggestions toward that definition in the comments.

1 comment:

Mr. Miro said...

Define freedom... I won't even touch that.
I'll give you one piece of advice: stay away from Ted Peters if you want a coherent explanation (and I'm assuming that God would like a coherent explanation).