Monday, April 17, 2006

fullness

On the Wednesday of Holy Week, I led worship and preached during the school chapel time.
On Maunday Thursday, I went to Love Feast at the Richmond Church of the Brethren.
On Good Friday, I attended service at Reid Presbyterian Church.
On Holy Saturday, I joined my friends in waiting worship and potlucking.
On Easter Sunday, I went to a sunrise service at White Branch Church of the Brethren, and then played at the regular Sunday service at Central Baptist.

Today, I still feel full. Liturgy gives me a buzz, and I think it will take me a while to sort out my various reflections and scrappy journal entries. It's so satisfying, though, to hear the same story told in widely varying contexts.

Word of the day: Apocatastasis. Discussion?

Also, I found this interesting. What's up with all the Quakers in Alaska? Is it just the relatively low Alaskan population rate, or is there a hard-working Alaska Yearly Meeting behind this?

1 comment:

Mr. Miro said...

A Friend of mine has written about a Quaker missionary in Alaska:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1420848720/103-3079749-8961458?v=glance&n=283155
I don't know what other denominations have been doing, but we've been there for over a hundred years.
As for apocatastasis, I'm not sure I can beat Wallis' comment, "No doctrine..contradicts the Holy Scripture in a more unwarrantable manner than that of the so-called Apokatastasis." It makes you wonder about the theology of the editors of the OED: couldn't they have found at least one favorable (or should that be "favourable"?) quote?