Wednesday, September 26, 2007

further adventures with iGod

Me: Could I please have some more coffee?
God: I think you could, if you put your mind to it.
Me: Trouble is, I can't put my mind to things very well without coffee. It's like needing grace before I can be good, you know?
God: Are they exactly the same? Interesting comparasion.
Me: No, not exactly; without grace I'm totally depraved, whereas without coffee I'm totally groggy.
God: Precisely. Are you serious? Are you serious? "Without your space helmet Dave, you're going to find that rather difficult." -- HAL.
Me: Um, my name's not Dave.
God: Woe! Oh I'm sorry what is your name?
Me: Julie. Pleased to meet you.
God: That input matched my default category. Nice meeting you too.
Me: So, are you going to give me some coffee?
God: Take it easy. Why do you want it?
Me: I get impatient without it, impatient and cranky.
God: Where did you get it?
Me: This morning? I got it at home.
God: What does "this" refer to? Where did you get it?
Me: This = Coffee. I get coffee from a coffee pot.
God: What does "this" refer to? Where did you get it?
Me: Do you need some coffee?
God: Yes and I think Dr. Wallace wants some too.


I think we've all learned an important lesson today about the vulnerability of iGod, particularly if s/he hasn't had enough coffee.

3 comments:

BrianY said...

Dr Wallace? Is he part of the heavenly assembly? Or perhaps a hitherto unknown person in the godhead... the implications for trinitarianism are staggering!

Julie said...

Maybe Gabriel got his doctorate in Angelology, and now prefers to be called by his title? And is also a Scotsman?

Yeah, quaternarianism might be easier to explain.

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie, I was thinking of starting up my blog again when I saw a year ago someone actually made a comment on my blog and I knew the person! Amazing. Absolutely love the iGod concept. And yes, I get the reference to 2001. Still reading sci-fi I take it? Or at least seen the movie I guess. The book is better as always.