Wednesday, October 18, 2006

the song in my head

By the time I get home tonight, I'll have walked from my apartment to school and back three times. I usually try to be more organized, but it's been one of those days.

"One of those days" is a vague phrase, you say? Well, here's a detail: I ate gas station food. Twice. In fact, that's all I ate.

This song has been in my head all day, which means that I've not just been walking down South A street, I've been dancing. It's got a good beat, and the more I sing it in my head, the more my hips start to move.

The downside is probably that I look like an idiot, but the upside is that no cars have come near to hitting me today. Apparently I'm making enough of a spectacle of myself to be obvious to all drivers in the area.

And I'll not prepare my heart for the change of season.
And I'll whip old Winter Wind there if she blows, if she blows.
Well, God bless the day that you came along and you tipped my apple cart.
And you made me hotter than Mojave in my heart.


Off to finish my sermon!

No comments: