Wednesday, October 04, 2006

grandma

Today is my Grandma Logan's birthday. She went into the hospital over the weekend, and the emails I've gotten are a bit sketchy as to why. Physically, she's more or less fine, as long as she takes her medications. Mentally, though, she's falling apart, and her continuing refusal to take her pills is wreaking havoc on both her body and our family.

I'm heading up to visit this weekend- a friend picked up my Saturday morning shift, even though he was already working in the afternoon. We'll have a good argument when I get back as to who had the longest day. I think I'll win.

It's frustrating to see so little to be done to solve the problem. Rumor is that we're considering placing Grandma in a nursing home, if we can use 'considering' in a vague sense. We move slowly and disorganizedly. It took us a year and a half to get them into assisted living, though, and they've been there less than a year- particularly frustrating, since I really thought that was going to work out.

This is all incoherent, but I'd appreciate your prayers for my family. Particularly hold my mom in prayer; it's hard on her to be in New York when all this is happening in Indiana.

Update: Grandma's out of the hospital. I'm still planning to go up Saturday to visit, but it no longer feels quite so panicky.

No comments: