Tuesday, October 10, 2006

complaint

I've been at ESR for a year. In this time, the only memories I have of clean bathrooms in the classroom building occured when a student cleaned them. The soap containers are consistently almost empty, the stalls consistently short on toilet paper, the mirrors dirty and the floors sticky.

I'm not complaining about that. I'm a Pentecostal, I believe in the gift of healing; what use do I have for sanitary conditions?

But today, the day on which I needed to leave the computer lab to make use of the facilities, the restroom across the hall was being cleaned. What?! This is an unheard of catastrophe. So, I ran downstairs to the other ladies' loo,... dum dum dee dum... but the door was blocked open because the floor had just been mopped.

People, shiny mirrors and filled soap dispensers mean nothing to me if I can't achieve my primary goal in visiting the john. I think we need to have some communal truth-telling about our priorities concerning public restrooms, and then everyone needs to agree with me that the most important thing is that one or the other of them be accessible at all times.

Unrelatedly, I'm trying not to find this funny, by which I mean posting it here so that you can embarrassedly laugh with me.
Oooohhh man I'm so hung over and I've got to be on a taco in Fresno in an hour...
I'll have to play with the beer foam at the Roadhouse tonight to see if I can get it to do that.

1 comment:

BrianY said...

Obviously, having things all spiffed for the Board of Trustees mtg is more important than your bodily needs. Get with the program!