Thursday, October 05, 2006

and then it clicks


Back in May, I described my experiences of discernment as similar to a waterfall back home:

There [is] a hair-raising suddenness, moving from the shaded ledge into the sun, being able to see the river clearly for a moment before tumbling back underwater.


I felt like my summer was suspended. I never really found what I was looking for- even the job at the Roadhouse came just before school started again. When I was home, I felt like I was seeing conclusions to the questions I had raised with my clearness committee.

And now, I feel like I'm underwater. I'm not sure which encourages me more: remembering that I do float, or realizing that I was right back in May. Bouyancy is sweet... being able to say 'I told you so' (even to myself) might be sweeter.

The picture is my favorite of several that I took while at home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember that you float.

Remember that you have friends who can pray for swimming lessons, or at the very least, floaties.

Floaties. Orange, marshmallow-like, and keep one above water, at least long enough to catch a breath. I could use a couple of those.

Adriana Cabrera said...

Floating is fun, but I'd go for scooba diving. The deeper you go, the funkier the fish you find on your way. :)