Monday, May 22, 2006

happy makers

Things that have made me happy thus far today:

1) Binitarians! I met a binitarian once, in a bar in Philadelphia, I think. Good to see they made it into Wikipedia.

2) This definitely describes all NT's as introverts. It's also the reflection paper on my gifts for ministry that I wish I could be writing right now.

NTs have different objectives when it comes to social interaction. "Normal" people expect to accomplish several unrealistic things from social interaction:
* Stimulating and thought provoking conversation;
* Important social contacts;
* A feeling of connectedness with other humans.
In contrast to "normal" people, NTs have rational objectives for social interactions:
* Get it over with as soon as possible;
* Avoid getting invited to something unpleasant;
* Demonstrate mental superiority and mastery of all subjects.

[...]

To the NT, all matter in the universe can be placed into one of two catagories:
(1) things that need to be fixed, and
(2) things that will need to be fixed after you've had a few minutes to play with them.

The only question this leaves me is one I ask myself often: how did I end up in seminary? More particularly, how did I end up in a computer lab, trying to explain why being an INTP is going to make me a great minister, even though INTP's are almost never even spotted on the outskirts of religious society.

This is all the fault of grace, somehow. But the profile goes on:

Female NTs become irresistable at the age of consent and remain that way until about thirty minutes after their clinical death. Longer if it's a warm day.

Good enough for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I once had a youth sunday school teacher administer that test, (who also happened to be a youth counselor), and when she discovered that me and a friend from Houghton that i'd brought home for the weekend were both INTP's, she got reeeally excited and blathered on about how lucky we were to find each other. Meghan and I waited until we had gotten into her car and just cracked up laughing. I guess you had to be there, but...i still giggle when i think of it. And I still dislike personality tests, especiallly when I have to take them as part of a job application.
~Marlene